Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What a Great Weekend!


What a great weekend!!!! On Saturday we went to my sister’s MSU / U of M football party. Matt and I didn’t go last year and we really missed it, especially since State won. Matt missed it again this year because he got to go to the game with my dad. My dad has been a MSU football season ticket holder for as long as I can remember. Matt had a lot of fun even though it rained and his team lost. But I don’t think he is allowed back to the party because he has missed the party twice and Sate has won both times. For those of you who aren’t from Michigan, this is a HUGE feat. State NEVER wins. Well, I shouldn’t say never, they do win about every ten years or so. But twice in a row has not happened in around 40+ years. My family is so pumped!!!

Saturday was also my brother’s senior homecoming dance. His girlfriend Brooke came down from Central to go with him. I remember when he told me that he would never go to a high school dance when he was a freshman. How things change when a girl gets involved.

Every fall Matt and I look forward to our annual trip to the apple orchard to pick our own apples, eat some donuts and drink cider. I think it is one of the things that makes the fall our favorite month. This year we decided to change things up and check out a new orchard closer to our house. We went to Erwin Orchards with my cousin Tina, her husband, Steve, and her three girls, Emma, Lidia, and CiCi. We had a blast even though it rained on us a few times. As you can see we got to be quite silly.
We were able to stay pretty dry by just taking a few breaks for donuts, cider and caramel apples. We were happy with how many apples were still on the trees because it allowed the kids to still get into the fun by helping us adults pick apples and fill up our bags. Plus they got to sample while we were picking. Even Zach got to enjoy eating an apple while walking through the orchard. Usually by this time of the year our normal orchard is pretty sparse and only Matt can do the picking. Zach had so much fun that he fell asleep, on my shoulder, on the tractor ride back from the orchard. Luckily we had brought his little red wagon and so he got to sleep for the last hour that we were there without being disturbed. He woke up only after we started uncovering him so we could get him into the car to go home.

No comments: