Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

And Christmas Begins…

Matt and I love Christmas!!! In July Matt usually starts talking about how he wants to decorate the house; how he wishes it wasn’t six months away, and how he hopes we have snow. I am usually just as eager to discuss these topics, but I try not to bring it up first. This year we are especially excited because Zachary is old enough to actually get the concept of Santa, and opening up gifts. We cannot wait and it will not come soon enough. But I do have to say that hiding gifts is a lot harder than it sounds.
I was really excited to decorate the tree. Now, we are fake tree people and that suits me just fine. However, I cannot claim is it because it is cleaner, because my tree sheds glitter and we will be picking it up throughout my house the whole year. But I was in a sorority so I can live with finding glitter all year round. It is just easier. You open it up and plug it in. (Yes, mine is pre-lit.) But mostly it is because that is what I had growing up. I loved helping my mom decorate the tree and I was excited for Zachary to help me. I knew he was still too little to do the breakable ornaments with me but he could help with the other ones with a little assistance. Matt, on the other hand, wanted to do it while Zachary took his daily nap. But Matt always complains that I am going to put too many ornaments on my tree, making it look bad, and it looks good every year, and I put every ornament I have on it. So I ignored his request and decorated with Zach. Granted we broke two ornaments, it took a lot longer than it would have if we had done it without him, and we were both exhausted in the end, but it was worth it to watch his face lit up when we turned it on for the first time.

No comments: