Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Good-bye Gram

I am sad to say that we lost a great lady this past week. After 84 years Donna Gligoroff (Gram), Matt’s grandma, passed away. I only knew her for a short time but she always brought with her a great story and lots of love. One of my favorites stories that she used to tell quite often when Zach or I was around was about how when Matt was around Zach age (17 months) they owned a bakery. One day Matt came to visit and while they were working in the back he stuffed a whole hamburger bun in his mouth. Gram started to freak out because she thought for sure he was going to choke. But low and behold no harm came to Matt and he ate the whole hamburger bun in one bite with no issues. He was a good eater from the beginning.
I will also never forget watching her with Zach. She was so good with him. Not that I should have been surprised because she had 5 kids of her own, 13 grandkids and 12 great grand kids. Zach loved to climb up on her lap and sit in her motorized wheel chair and play with her controls. I know that in her last days it gave her great joy when Zach would come and see her in the nursing home and give her a big hug and kiss.


No comments: