Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Busy Summer Full of Graduation Fun

This summer was a busy time for our families. We had three graduates this year. Both of Matt’s brothers graduated from college. Adam got his degree from Eastern and John graduated from the University of Michigan. We did get the chance to attend Adam’s graduation but Matt and I did go to John’s and had the fortunate opportunity to hear the President of the United States, Barack Obama give the commencement address. We expected to wait a long time to get into the stadium and I was very nervous because I don’t always do great in huge crowds of people because get claustrophobic sometimes. But it was not bad at all and the line moved pretty fast through security. I thought the President did a very good job and he is a very moving speaker in person. I was a little nervous that Matt’s family would hate the speech because they are definitely republican supporters but even they thought it was a good speech.



My brother also graduated from high school this year and my parents could not be happier because for the first time one of their children has picked their alma mater, Michigan State (MSU). I think they are still in shock since all of the girls decided to go to another school. In fact I am not even sure that any of us applied there. My family bleeds green and is very excited for our brother. My parents were so funny in their old age because they felt that my brother’s high school colors (blue and yellow) were not right for the graduation party because he was going to MSU. It was so hard to convince them that we had used those colors for all of their other kid’s parties.

1 comment:

mackyton said...

Good to know about these graduation parties. Hope everyone had a great time there. Planning to throw my daughter a graduation party at one of Seattle venues. She will be graduating next week. Want to arrange a wonderful party for her.