Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

And the saga continues

Ok...let me see where I left off, oh yes, updates on the weekly doctor visits. As of the time of this post, we are now 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant, you would think that the baby would at least think about coming out, well it hasn't. Today we went to the doctor for the weekly check, as previously stated, we went last Thursday, and the Friday before that. Each time we went we got the "there is no dilation" report. I was hoping to hear something different today, but alas we didn't. So far we have tried spicy food, long walks at sunset, pina coladas and getting caught in the rain (ok...that song just popped into my head that's why this line is here). But seriously, we have done spicy Thai, Long walks, foot rubs, etc. nothing is working. The doctor did use the 'C-Section' phrase today, however for the first time. He said if we go 41 weeks (that would be September 1, 2008 - Labor Day, irony, me thinks not) and we are still "not dilated", we won't be inducing, we will be cutting. So we got that goin' for us...





Well other key bits of info, belly measurement - 45 cm (last time 44, and the time before that 41), baby heart rate - 163 ( last time 140 and the time before that 174). The heart rates were a little high a couple of times just based on the fact that our little acrobat was moving so much it was like he was watchin Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" or something...Crunch!, who knows...





Well back to fixing my grad school paper, since the prof. was nice enough to give me a 'D' and then let me fix the paper and re-submit by the end of August, it's time to kick it into overdrive! Talk at you all later...have a beer, enjoy the sun, and say a prayer for Labor! Oh yeah...for your viewing pleasure, here's a picture of the crib!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I was very excited to see your update -- you guys have been in my thoughts recently. I will pray that labor starts soon -- I will also pray that it goes fast, for Ami's sake!

Keep us updated -- I can't wait to hear the big news :)