Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bon Appetite





I think I may have a little chef on my hands. Zachary hates TV. It probably has to do with the fact that we rarely have it on if he is awake (We read that it is not good to even have on in the background while they are playing). So we only have on the news in the morning. Personally, I think it also has to do with the fact that he cannot sit still. He wants to constantly be moving and in the action. Unless he is eating, trying to sleep, or wants to be consoled from a fall, he does not want to be held still for more than a second. However, at home there is one thing that Zach will sit still and watch without fail; and that is Matt cooking. I won’t lie. Matt does most of the cooking in the house. However, unlike my mom it is not because I cannot do it. It is because he enjoys it more, and I like to do the dishes. We will move Zach highchair into the middle of the kitchen and Zach will watch Matt go back and forth between the counter top and the stove and is just mesmerized. Ever since he started crawling he has also had access to a wooden spoon and pots and pans to play with in the kitchen. The other day I saw him reach for the spice that Matt had just put away like he wanted to play with it too. I didn’t think anything of it because he likes things that make noise when you shake them. However, when he took it and shook it right over his pot like he was adding spices I was amazed. And then he just started stirring it too. I couldn’t believe how much he had absorbed by watching Matt. It was amazing. As you can see Matt has become really good at cooking with one arm because the other one is full. Matt is such a great dad and they are so cute together.

1 comment:

Diana said...

OK, so since when did Zach look so grown up and "big boy-like"?! It is CRAZY how fast time flies!! Glad to hear that Matt is doing a lot of cooking...takes some responsibility off you, Ami. Hope to see you guys soon!!