Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cousin's Camp 2009

Cousin's Camp 2009 rocked!!! I had the best time and I remembered why I miss my grandma so much. When she was around my dad's family got together all the time. Any holiday (major or minor) and we were all there at her house hanging out, eating and just acting goofy together. That's what cousin's camp was all about. Why it took us this long to do it is beyond me. Even my Uncle Andy, from Oregon, got to come and enjoy the festivities.



First, I have to give a big thanks to Tina, for organizing cousin's camp and my Aunt Ann and Uncle Scott for allowing all 30+ of us to converge on their home in West Olive, MI.



















It started on Thursday with Hawaiian night where we all played hula hoops, limbo, and hot coconut. Even the older folk joined in on the fun.























Then we had Mexican day where I was involved in a hot pepper eating contest which I was really good at. However, unlike my younger cousins I was smart enough not to stick the whole hot pepper in my mouth and eat it all at once. That may have cost me my title but at least I tried it, unlike my brother, Jarrett.












Saturday was the 4th so we had All-American night and took in the fireworks in Grand Haven. It was a pretty good show. Zach would have enjoyed it but there was no way he would have stayed up for it or sat through it. He wants to be in the go at all times. If he is awake he wants to be crawling, cruising, or standing up and falling down.













Zach did really good with sleeping in the pop-up camper that we set up in the yard and he really enjoyed all the attention and love he got from all of his extended family. Sadly, we never made it to the beach to swim because it was actually rather chilly out. But we did get to go and take pictures at sunset one day.










We cannot wait for Cousin's Camp 2010!!!! We had such a great time with everyone and miss you all all already.

No comments: